Thursday, July 15, 2010

July Update

I've been back home from Vegas for about 4 days now and it's hard to describe how much better I feel. The heat/lack of humidity, no exercise, and 6 week tournament grind really did a number on me. I can only imagine how bad I would have felt if I was drinking and partying like a lot of players do. I never felt quite right when I was there and most of the online sessions I played, I felt like I was off my game. One of the first things I did when I got home is to watch the CardRunners video I had made while in Vegas and I was amazed that I made 3 math mistakes in the video in the span of 40 minutes. That's a good indicator I wasn't thinking clearly. I still don't feel like I'm playing my A game but I'm at least thinking clearer and it's only a matter of time. Wherever we end up staying next year, exercise equipment and humidifiers will be mandatory.

This month has been pretty rocky so far. I've spent most of it in the negative but have crept into positive land the past couple days. I played about 4000 hands the past two days and this will likely be the norm for at least the next month. I'm currently sitting at about 483K VPPs which I believe puts me about 2 1/2 weeks off SNE pace. It shouldn't be too hard to catch up and I'm hoping to by next month. My brother is getting married at the end of next month, that's the only major trip I have planned for a while.

This is what things have looked like since about the time I left for Vegas:





No comments:

Post a Comment