Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sprinting to the Finish

Two weeks and 60K VPPs to go to make SNE.  It's been quite a remarkable finish to the year, I've now run at close to 2 BB/100 over my last 100K hands winning about 140K over that span.  It's nice to run this well.  I experienced a stretch similar to this during the end of last year and beginning of this year.  I was then reminded of the other side of variance for the better part of this year.  Once again though, I'm on the right side of variance and it certainly feels good.  It's an eternal roller coaster of unbelievable highs and lows.

Mentally, I feel very focused at the tables right now and have an incredible resolve to play my best these last two weeks.  I hope I continue to run this well, it's doubtful, but the important thing is that I maintain my focus and continue making good decisions.

I have a couple strategy posts in mind and when I get back home I will start writing and post them before the end of the year.  Aside from that I'll have an update in a couple weeks when I finish and then probably a recap of the year.

Good luck at the tables everyone.



























9 comments:

  1. Good work Tony! So once you hit SNE, are you going to take a break for the rest of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's limit videos do you recommend watching on Deucescracked?
    Think about to take a subscription somewhere but not sure which one to take. Looking for a site with no subscription fee.
    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been on DC in quite a while, if you can give me the names of people making limit videos I should be able to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I have a couple strategy posts in mind "

    I highly appreciated this! For me it was very sad as you end ur cardrunners coachign vids, i only joined cardrunners because of you.

    greets joerg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most recent videomakers:
    -danzasmack
    -DeathDonkey
    -Dosxx
    -BigBadBabar
    -bellatrix
    -Deepsquat

    Older video makers up to 2010:
    -NinaWilliams
    -DJ Sensei
    -OnTheRail15
    -Joe Tall
    -PygmyHero

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I know most of those names but I don't really know their games or how well they teach. I would probably choose DeathDonkey out of the new and OntheRail15 out of the old. It also depends on what limits you are playing, I think those guys are good for middle/high limits. Some of the others may be good for low limits. I used to watch every video I could on LHE so if you're really trying to learn I'd recommend doing the same. Usually you can pick up an idea or two from a video and then try it out and see how it fits in with your game. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Checkout Kobeyard Videos from Pokerstrategy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll use your link for DC for what its worth Tony...maybe you can buy a small cocktail from it...cheers and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation, you are really great player, I have a lot of respect!

    ReplyDelete