Monday, May 18, 2009

May Update

First, thank you to everyone who helped me with my computer trouble. I ended up buying a notebook cooler thanks to Jim. I'm quite sure heat has been responsible for the demise of at least one of my laptops. I also bought a hard drive repair tool, thanks to Rory. Although it didn't fix my laptop, it looks like a really good product and something that could be very useful in the future. I didn't end up buying a Mac (I rushed out to buy a laptop before I saw the advice) but I plan on buying one the next time I'm computer shopping. I was able to download all my PokerStars hands as well thankfully. I'm missing my UB hands from the beginning of the year, but that's not too big of a deal.

So May started out pretty rough - I was down 300 big bets and 9K after about 23K hands. Fortunately things have turned around and I've won about 750 big bets and 38K over my last 13K hands. More importantly, I feel like I'm playing very well. I've really been taking my time and thinking through all my decisions. I think I've done a good job of exploiting the weaker players while mixing things up and keeping myself balanced against the regulars and better players.

On the VPP front, I'm about 1 1/2 days behind due to my laptop debacle. I'm off to Jamaica next week and then the WSOP after that so I expect I'll fall further behind. However, I'll be gaining 100K VPPS once I purchase a WSOP main event package through Stars so that should put me well ahead of pace.

I'll try to post some Jamaica pics next week...





2 comments:

  1. What's up Tony, this is Alex from the Broken Rack. I just wanted to wish you luck at the WSOP. Maybe you'll post some updates. Take care.

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alex, I'll definitely blog some of the tournaments I'm playing. Hopefully I can get down to the pool room once or twice this month.

    ReplyDelete